Cook Asparagus Soup and Asparagus Cream Soup like a Chef
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Table of Contents
- 1. Asparagus Soup Recipe simple
- 2. Asparagus Soup with Asparagus from the Glass
- 3. Asparagus Soup from fresh Asparagus
- 4. Asparagus Cream Soup
- 5. Asparagus Soup from Green Asparagus
- 6. Asparagus Soup like Alfons Schuhbeck
- 7. Asparagus Soup with Coconut Milk
- 8. Asparagus Soup Inlays
- 9. Decoration and Colour for Asparagus Soup
- 10. My Recipe for Asparagus Soup and Asparagus Cream Soup
- 11. Asparagus Soup Calories, nutritional Values
- 12. More delicious Asparagus Soup Recipes and Fits
1. Asparagus Soup Recipe simpleYou can prepare the simplest asparagus soup all year round. A few years ago I was invited to a friend’s house for Christmas and was amazed. The family tradition was to serve an asparagus cream soup on Christmas Eve. This asparagus cream soup was delicious and I’ll get straight to the basic ingredient. Cream of asparagus soup served with crabs. I pour brown nut butter over the prawns.© Foodfotograf Thomas Sixt
2. Asparagus Soup with Asparagus from the GlassI ate this soup with asparagus from the glass for the first time in Vienna with a family friend on 24 December. December is really not an asparagus season, so the cooked asparagus has to be added to the soup. I thought the soup was excellent, so here is the recipe:
2.1 Ingredients Asparagus Soup from the Glass
- A glass of asparagus
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml white wine
- A cup of cream
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 50 g cold butter.
2.2 Preparation Asparagus Soup, Asparagus from the Glass
- Carefully remove the asparagus from the glass, the asparagus water will be put into the pot immediately.
- Cut off the asparagus tips and save them for decoration.
- Cut the asparagus spears into small pieces and put them in the pot, add the white wine and broth and bring to the boil.
- Let the asparagus soup simmer for ten minutes, then bring to the boil and slowly add the cream.
- Mix the soup with a hand blender and pass through a fine hair sieve.
- Season the asparagus soup with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix this simple asparagus soup with cold butter and serve with the slightly warmed asparagus tips in the soup bowl.
3. Asparagus Soup from fresh AsparagusThe asparagus soup made from fresh asparagus is of course the best asparagus soup, so I would like to go into more detail here. Asparagus soup with asparagus, prepare asparagus peels.
3.1 Asparagus Soup from Asparagus Rests and PeelsPeel and clean a bunch of white asparagus. Bring the peels and cuttings to the boil in vegetable stock with a little milk and lemon juice and leave to stand for 20 minutes. This asparagus broth can be used for the soup or drunk to purify.
3.2 Asparagus Soup SoupbaseI sacrifice the lower 8-9 centimetres of the asparagus spears for a powerful asparagus soup, cut them into small pieces and then sweat them in a little butter with a shallot. I add a little white wine, then I add the asparagus stock from the asparagus leftovers and let the soup steep for about 20 minutes. So the asparagus taste can develop optimally. The cream is then added to the boiling asparagus stock, I mix everything up, let the soup steep for another 10 minutes, then pass the soup off. The asparagus tips are used as an inlay and can be cooked directly in the soup. I taste the soup with some sugar, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Cook the asparagus as a soup in the asparagus broth.
4. Asparagus Cream SoupThe asparagus soup is turned into creamy soup or asparagus cream soup by various measures.:
4.1 Asparagus Cream Soup with CornflourBind the asparagus soup with some cornflour – mix a heaped teaspoon of cornflour in cold water (100 ml) and add to the boiling soup (500 ml).
4.2 Asparagus Cream Soup with PotatoJust cook a chopped potato from the beginning and mix it with the soup. The starch of the potato binds the soup and makes the asparagus soup creamy. You can also bind the asparagus soup later with a little finely grated potato. Peel the potato, grate finely, bring the soup to the boil, gradually add the grated potatoes, bring to the boil, add more potatoes until the desired binding is reached.
4.3 Asparagus Cream Soup with FlourThe binding with flour is done right at the beginning of the soup preparation: sauté the shallot and asparagus pieces in butter, sprinkle in some flour. Sweat the flour slightly, but do not brown it. Then deglaze with cold wine or cold liquid so that no lumps form. Warm roux must always be extinguished cold, if the roux becomes cold it must be extinguished with warm liquid. This prevents lumps from forming. In a further recipe for asparagus soup I’ll show you a soup with asparagus and herb mushrooms © Foodfotograf Thomas Sixt
5. Asparagus Soup from Green AsparagusI cook my asparagus soup always with white asparagus, green asparagus comes only as a luxury insert in the soup. Exotic asparagus cream soup with coconut milk, chilli, ginger, sesame and green asparagus.
6. Asparagus Soup like Alfons SchuhbeckWith the Alfons we have prepared the asparagus course from asparagus remains and peels as well as from asparagus spears. Today I don’t want to talk so much about it, but there is a lot of cream and butter in the asparagus soup. The soup was always strongly mixed with cold butter before serving and then served foamed.
7. Asparagus Soup with Coconut MilkI also like the exotic version of asparagus soup, where the cream is replaced by coconut milk. The soup can be served with
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds
8. Asparagus Soup InlaysThe following are suitable for the asparagus soup: semolina dumplings, small bacon dumplings, Schöberl, a pancake roulade with smoked salmon, a glazed meatballs, the asparagus tips,… A clear asparagus soup with dumplings, asparagus tips as an inlay and grilled tomato skewer as an addition.
9. Decoration and Colour for Asparagus SoupI like to decorate the asparagus soup with chervil, tarragon and parsley. Fried parsley is also very good! I very much like to combine it with asparagus soup ths white garlic pesto.
10. My Recipe for Asparagus Soup and Asparagus Cream SoupHere is my asparagus soup recipe from the star kitchen. Please try and enjoy!
Asparagus soup and asparagus cream soup in different variations with detailed information by Thomas Sixt
|500||ml||Vegetable broth (or chicken broth)|
|some||Milk (or coconutmilk, soy milk, oat milk)|
|80||ml||dry white wine|
|250||ml||Cream (or soy cream)|
|1||pinch||brown cane sugar|
|80||g||Cold butter (or magarine)|
|some||chervil (or parsley)|
Clean and peel the asparagus, bring the asparagus peels and asparagus remains to the boil in the cold broth with milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and a little sugar and leave to stand. This is how the asparagus broth is made as the basis for asparagus soup and asparagus cream soup. Let the broth steep for 20 minutes.
Cut the asparagus tips and upper asparagus spears into bite-sized pieces and provide them as an extra insert. Cut the remaining asparagus into small pieces and sauté in butter with bay leaf for 10 minutes until colourless. Deglaze with the white wine.
Pass the asparagus broth through the shallots and asparagus pieces and simmer gently for another 10 minutes.
Bring the soup to the boil, slowly add the cream and let it boil again and again.
Remove the bay leaf, mix the asparagus soup with a hand blender, leave to stand for another 5 minutes, then either pass or continue to prepare unpassed. Bring the soup to the boil again and thicken to taste with cornflour. Stir the starch in a little cold water, pour the starch water into the boiling soup and bring to the boil.
Bring the soup to the boil, add the raw asparagus pieces to the soup and simmer. Arrange the asparagus tips in warm soup plates, season the asparagus soup with salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg and cayenne pepper, mix with the cold butter until frothy and arrange.
Wild Garlic Pesto
The wild garlic pesto is prepared quickly: Remove the stalks from the wild garlic and put into a mixing bowl. Add parmesan, pine nuts, salt and pepper and mix with olive oil. With a little olive oil you get a firmer rwild garlic pesto, with more olive oil the ramson pesto becomes more liquid. You will find the link to the step-by-step instructions for wild garlic pesto at the end of this page.
11. Asparagus Soup Calories, nutritional Values
12. More delicious Asparagus Soup Recipes and Fits
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!