Fried Liver with Sage and Pine Nuts, Mediterranean Kitchen Story and Recipe with Video
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Table of Contents
1. Fry liver, what to pay Attention toLiver should always be seasoned after roasting. The liver can become hard by seasoning with salt before roasting. This means that the fried liver is usually seasoned just before serving. I prepare calf liver, beef liver, pork liver and chicken liver in this way.
2. Fried Veal Liver and Veal Liver with Balsamic VinegarThe veal liver is a very fine ingredient and should be cut into even slices. About 0.8 cm thick is just right. The veal liver must be cleaned beforehand. The skin is removed (from the whole liver) and the liver is freed from inedible. This is done by the butcher or butcher for you. Veal liver in balsamic vinegar is a true classic and tastes excellent. Offal is very compatible with acidity, as we know from sour manure. The vinegar and the offal certainly had something to do with preservation in earlier times. Use for the liver with balsamic vinegar a high-quality and expensive balsamic vinegar. The better the balsamic vinegar, the better the sauce.
3. Roasted Beef LiverThe liver with balsamico recipe can also be prepared with beef liver. Beef liver has a slightly coarser consistency. Beef liver is also often breaded and baked out. The liver is first turned in flour, then in egg and then in breadcrumbs and baked out in plenty of fat. I would like to deal with this elsewhere. Fresh roasted onions, popular with the liver and a great and crispy addition. The beef liver tolerates in any case many onions and besides balsamic vinegar a veal jus to deglaze. This brings us to another well-known preparation, the…
4. Liver Berlin StyleLeber Berliner Art is liver prepared with apples, onions and sauce. The liver is turned in flour, fried, onions and apples are fried in the same pan, the sauce is prepared with gravy or veal jus and the liver Berliner style is also served with fried fried onions. My knowledge is, “Berliner Art” describes a preparation method (apples/onion/sauce/roasted onions/potato puree) and it can be used both veal liver, pork liver or beef liver. Berlin liver with apple slices, mashed potatoes and onion rings. Unfortunately the sauce is next to the picture in the sauce boat.
5. Must Liver be turned in Flour?This question is asked again and again and I would like to answer it here quickly. The turning of the liver in flour should support a gentle browning, at the same time the flour is good for the binding of the sauce. You can also do without the flour. I do that very often and that answers the question. You don’t necessarily have to turn the liver in flour before frying. Watch my cooking video, there I show the roasting of the liver step by step.
6. Liver fried Cooking Video
7. My Recipe Liver fried
Liver fried with Balsamico with Shallots, Pine Nuts and Sage Potatoes
Gebratene Hühnerleber mit Balsamico, Salbeikartoffeln und Pinienkerne – ein Rezept von Thomas Sixt mit Kochvideo.
|some||sun flower oil|
|1||pc||clove of garlic|
Peel the potatoes and cook them in salted water until soft.
Clean the chicken liver and prepare it for frying.
Peel the shallots and cut into strips.
Peel the shallots and cut into strips.
Add the garlic slice and a few sprigs of rosemary, as well as the pine nuts.
Pluck the sage leaves, fry in some oil, then add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Deglaze the chicken liver with balsamic vinegar and broth and bring to the boil.
Add the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes and liver and serve quickly.
8. Variations of Roasted Liver
Use calf liver instead of chicken liver for this recipe. This tastes great and is a change from the liver Berlin style!
9. Calories Liver fried, the Nutritional Values
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!