Vegetable Rice Bowl Recipe
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Welcome to my post about the Vegetable Rice Bowl Recipe. This is a finely spiced rice dish with oven vegetables which is easy and fast!
I like rice – in all variations. In the Asian kitchen Basmati rice and Jasmine rice are especially popular.
Basmati rice is a bit more grainy and has an earthy aroma. Jasmine rice has a flowery aroma. I like both sorts and you can choose one for the following dish.
As a cross-over over the continents I bring you my rice dish with colorful vegetables and green herbs as a tasty main course in the bowl or bowl.
It is a great and quick dinner or you can take the finished dish to the office or to a picnic and enjoy it lukewarm or cold.
Have fun preparing the dish, enjoy it and have a good appetite!
Table of Contents
1. Shopping List for Vegetable Rice Bowl
We treat rice and vegetables separately. I will come to the preparations of these two in the next chapters.
For your rice with vegetables you need these ingredients:
- Basmati rice or jasmine rice
- Paprika red and yellow
- Carrots or yellow beets
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- Wild garlic or parsley
Feel free to play a little with the suggested compilation. Other vegetables and herbs will also work. With vegetables, you should make sure that the cooking times match.
Vegetable alternatives: Fennel, zucchini, small tomatoes, onion, young onions, eggplant, mushrooms or herb mushrooms…
2. Recipe Vegetable Rice Bowl
Vegetable Rice Bowl
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Simple tutorial for the preparation of a vegetarian rice bowl
|150||g||Basmati rice (or Jasmin rice)|
|6-8||leafs||fresh wild garlic (or fresh parsley)|
|1||pc||yellow paprika (fresh)|
|1||pc||red paprika (fresh)|
Cook the rice with double the amount of water (1 part rice – 2 parts water) and the salt for about 15-20 minutes.
The rice can still have a little bite, depending on taste.
Finely chop the wild garlic.
Alternatively you can use fresh parsley.
Mix the cooked rice with butter and wild garlic or parsley.
Preheat the oven to 170° C with circulating air.
Cover the baking tray with baking paper.
Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
Spread out the pieces finely separated on the baking tray.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add brown sugar to the carrots and leek.
Drizzle the vegetables with some oil.
Prepare the vegetables in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Please pay attention to the leeks and remove them if necessary before.
Put the rice in the bowl.
Place the oven vegetables on the rice.
To decorate, place caramelized small vine tomatoes in the middle of the vegetables.
You can try lovage, chives, thyme and basil instead of wild garlic or parsley.
More Ideas for Refinement
3. Calories and Nutritional Values
4. Tips for Preparing Rice
To make our rice light and loose, we should consider:
- Wash the rice in a fine sieve under cold running water.
- Cook your rice in a saucepan using the ratio of 1 part rice and 2 parts water.
- If you cook your rice in a rice cooker you need 2 parts rice and 3 parts water – that is 1.5 times as much water as rice by volume.
- Add salt to the rice water.
- Add softened or liquid butter to the rice only at the end.
- For refinement I like to use homemade ghee instead of butter
- Our fresh herbs are not added to the cooked rice, but finely chopped and then added to the cooked rice.
5. Tips for Preparing Vegetables from the Oven
Our vegetables are allowed to be colourful. So this time I chose carrot, pepper and leek.
My recommendation is:
- Cut the vegetables so that they can cook evenly in the oven.
- Add brown sugar to the carrots and the leek possibly also to the peppers.
- The leeks can take on a little toasted flavour. This spices up our dish phenomenally.
6. More Ideas for Rice Dishes
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!