Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Today I show you my mushroom risotto recipe.
Risotto made easy, with ingredients you always get in the supermarket.
Here you will find out step by step how to prepare your Italian rice dish with oyster mushrooms, button mushrooms, king oyster mushrooms, porcini mushrooms or chanterelles.
Conjure up a quick and easy, delicious and vegetarian dish with mushrooms.
Get inspired here, you might just discover your new favorite recipe.
Good luck and bon appetit!
Table of Contents
1. Recipe Mushroom Risotto
Here is the recipe with step-by-step photos.
I wish you good luck!
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Total Time 40 Min.
Easy instructions for preparing risotto with fresh or dried mushrooms.
|250-350||g||Mushrooms (Mushroom tips at the end of the recipe)|
|2||Piece||shallots (or yellow onions)|
|50-80||ml||dry white wine (optional)|
|2-3||Pinches||black ground pepper|
Weigh risotto rice or use a cup.
Calculate a large cup of rice for two people.
Clean or wash the mushrooms with a brush, depending on their condition.
I will show you how to wash mushrooms professionally in a cooking school article.
Prepare the mushrooms in the kitchen.
You can reserve a few small mushrooms as decoration.
I fry the prepared mushrooms in the pan over high heat.
Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the pan.
-> You can continue using the pan straight away.
Halve, peel and finely dice the shallots.
Sweat the risotto rice with bay leaves and diced shallots in a little butter.
-> Lower the temperature and rather sweat a little longer. This way the taste can develop better.
Deglaze with white wine and broth and prepare the risotto while stirring and gently simmering.
–> Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
-> Note the cooking time on the packaging of the risotto rice.
Optionally, if a lot of mushrooms are available, you can add chopped and fried mushrooms to the risotto.
Cut the parsley into fine strips.
Finely grate the Parmesan cheese and prepare for serving.
Finish and set up
Serve the risotto:
–> Add some cheese, cold butter and olive oil to the risotto and mix until creamy.
–> Add parsley to taste.
–> Arrange the risotto with a ring in the middle of a warm plate.
–> Heat the decorative mushrooms in butter and refine with parsley, serve on the risotto.
–> Drizzle with a little cold olive oil
Serve quickly, I wish you a good appetite!
In the video I show you an example of how to prepare mushroom risotto with chanterelles.
2. Overview of Calories and Nutritional Values
3. Mushroom Risotto and Alternative Ideas
Mushrooms are a wonderful ingredient and are available in supermarkets all year round.
No wonder the mushroom risotto is one of the most popular vegetarian risotto variants.
I have a simple tip for you:
Buy light and dark mushrooms, add the light mushrooms to the risotto and cook them with the rice.
These mushrooms add flavor and your risotto will stay nice and light and white.
You take the dark mushrooms as a topping:
Fried in olive oil, refined with or without cream/soy cream, in any case with freshly cut parsley in a color and taste-coordinated way, these mushrooms go on your risotto and complete it visually and tastefully at its finest!
Which mushrooms can you use for risotto? Here you can find some ideas:
4. Mushroom Risotto With Fresh Mushrooms
The risotto is a real highlight, please note my following tips for purchasing and preparing the fresh mushrooms:
- Buy clean, fresh mushrooms if possible
- Dry brush dirty mushrooms
- Always process mushrooms quickly
- Put some of the mushrooms in the risotto, use the remaining mushrooms as a topping on top
- Always fry mushrooms at high heat, which contributes to the positive development of taste
Tip for cleaning and washing heavily soiled, fresh mushrooms:
If the mushrooms are very dirty, fill a large bowl with cold water, stir in 2 tablespoons of flour or cornstarch and the juice of a whole lemon and quickly wash the mushrooms in it.
Then wash the mushrooms under running water and quickly dry them.
The dirt can be removed from the mushrooms by the lemon juice (the acid), the flour binds the dirt.
5. Mushroom risotto with dried mushrooms
The risotto with dried mushrooms differs minimally in the preparation, but there are a few things to consider.
For a strong mushroom taste, add dried mushrooms to the risotto, finely fry fresh mushrooms and arrange on the risotto.Mushroom risotto tip from chef Thomas Sixt
6. Mushroom Risotto Quick Guide, Also Tastes Good Without Wine
Here is a quick guide to preparing mushroom risotto from fresh mushrooms:
- Slice the clean mushrooms
- Sauté half of the mushrooms in olive oil and allow them to color slightly
- Add the diced shallots or onions and sauté briefly
- Add risotto rice and sweat until colourless
- Deglaze with white wine (or leave out the wine), pour in hot stock and simmer gently
- Fry the remaining mushrooms, refine with parsley or thyme
- Season the roasted mushrooms with salt and pepper
- Prepare the mushrooms with or without cream as a topping for the mushroom risotto
- Finish cooking the risotto, stir in the finely grated cheese and olive oil until creamy
- Season the risotto to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper
- Serve the creamy mushroom risotto on warm plates using a platter ring
- Put the mushroom topping on top and serve quickly sprinkled with cheese.
7. More Ideas For Risotto
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!