This is how you cook an Asparagus Risotto simply and deliciously!
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Table of Contents
- 1. Asparagus Risotto White Asparagus
- 2. Asparagus Risotto green Asparagus
- 3. Asparagus Risotto vegan and vegetarian
- 4. Decoration for your Asparagus Risotto
- 5. Asparagus Risotto with Parma Ham
- 6. Which Cheese goes with Asparagus Risotto
- 7. Prepare Asparagus Risotto in Thermomix
- 8. Asparagus Risotto Recipe
- 9. Calories Asparagus Risotto, the Nutritional Values
- 10. Other Recipes for Risotto
1. Asparagus Risotto White AsparagusFor the asparagus risotto with white asparagus, you expect about five spears of asparagus per person. Peel the asparagus generously and boil an asparagus stock from the asparagus peel and the sections with a chicken broth or vegetable broth, which you will use later for the risotto preparation. I cut the asparagus spears in half lengthwise, the asparagus tips are prepared for decoration. The rest of the asparagus is cut into small pieces and later goes straight into the risotto. Fresh white asparagus is ideal for asparagus risotto.
2. Asparagus Risotto green AsparagusYou can combine green asparagus with white asparagus for your risotto. The green asparagus looks simply appealing. Note: Green asparagus has a shorter cooking time than white asparagus. In contrast to white asparagus, which is already peeled below the tips, green asparagus requires only 5 cm peeling at the end.
3. Asparagus Risotto vegan and vegetarianUse a fine vegetable stock for the vegetarian and vegan asparagus risotto. If you avoid butter and cheese and use olive oil instead, you will get a vegan asparagus risotto. You can prepare a vegetarian asparagus risotto with cheese and butter.
4. Decoration for your Asparagus RisottoWhite and green asparagus look particularly good on the asparagus risotto. You can also decorate it with herbs, chervil, tarragon, parsley, cress and thyme are suitable. I like to combine asparagus with bear’s garlic, try with asparagus risotto a wild garlic pesto The bear’s garlic generally fits thematically into the beginning of the asparagus season.
5. Asparagus Risotto with Parma HamFresh, thinly sliced Parma ham or San Daniele ham is an absolutely fantastic addition to your asparagus risotto. I’ll add the air-dried ham to the risotto or put a slice of ham folded into a rose in the middle of the risotto just before serving. Parma ham is an excellent accompaniment to asparagus risotto and is not cooked with it. Add the air-dried ham to the risotto or decorate with a ham rose. Alternatively, a finely smoked Black Forest ham goes well with risotto or a Bündner meat.
6. Which Cheese goes with Asparagus RisottoThe asparagus risotto goes very well with freshly grated Parmesan and Pecorino. I recently experimented with mountain cheese and find it exciting. Emmentaler and Gouda are out of the question for me here…
7. Prepare Asparagus Risotto in ThermomixPeel the asparagus and leave the skins and sections to simmer for 20 minutes in a vegetable broth to form the flavour. Pass this broth through a sieve later. The asparagus broth is an excellent base for your asparagus risotto and supports the taste. Next, cut the peeled white asparagus in half lengthwise, cut the asparagus into bite-sized pieces and cook in a pot with a little butter, white wine and broth until al dente. Thermomix: Start with the Parmesan 10 sec /step 10 mince/grate and pour into a bowl. Add 50 g butter and 1 tbsp olive oil to the mixing bowl and fry the risotto rice (approx. 80 g per portion) for 5 minutes at 120°C/left run/step 1. Add 80 ml dry white wine and 100 g rice – 250 g each to the prepared asparagus broth, cook for approx. 20 minutes (observe packaging instructions cooking time for risotto rice) at 100°C/left run/stage 1 risotto ready. Then mix the risotto with some Parmesan, some olive oil, a part of the cooked asparagus (left course step 1) and arrange quickly. Decorate the asparagus risotto with the remaining asparagus tips and pieces. Note on Varoma cooking: I have tried it and cooked the asparagus in the Varoma while the risotto is simmering under it. I am not really satisfied with the taste. Steaming works better over boiling water. Therefore my preparation is not 100% in Thermomix but only where I personally think it makes sense. Asparagus risotto with prawns, decorated with red pepper and finalised with a little white truffle oil. Such a risotto simply tastes great and pleases the eye.
8. Asparagus Risotto RecipeBelow you will find my basic recipe for asparagus risotto. With the tips in the article you can change and complete the recipe according to your own taste. Wish you good luck!
Risotto with asparagus, large instructions with many tips from Thomas Sixt. Easy to prepare asparagus risotto in many variations. Article with great professional chef ideas for perfect risotto with white and green asparagus.
|5||spear||white asparagus (or green asparagus (no need to peel!))|
|some||brown cane sugar|
|120||g||Risotto Rice Arborio, Vialone nano|
|80||ml||dry white wine|
|some||Cress (or parsley, thyme, chervil)|
Peel the asparagus and cut off the ends, bring the asparagus remains to the boil in the broth and let them steep for 15-20 minutes to form the flavour. Equilibrate the broth with a little sugar to taste.
Sweat the risotto rice in a saucepan with a little butter and olive oil. Deglaze with the white wine, add the prepared and passed asparagus vegetable stock and continue cooking simmering, stirring constantly.
Cut the asparagus spears in half lengthwise, cook the asparagus tips in a small pot with some broth, butte and white wine until al dente. Cut the remaining asparagus into small pieces and add to the risotto after 10 minutes cooking time (risotto).
Cream the asparagus risotto with butter, olive oil and grated parmesan, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Arrange the asparagus risotto on warm plates and place the prepared decorative asparagus tips on the risotto.
Sprinkle with some cold olive oil, add herbs and serve sprinkled with grated cheese.
Asparagus risotto can be supplemented with fried mushrooms or fried courgettes. This increases the proportion of vegetables.
9. Calories Asparagus Risotto, the Nutritional Values
10. Other Recipes for Risotto
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!