Butter Beans Recipe with Step by Step Photos
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Here I show you my Butter Beans Recipe.
The green beans prepared with butter are a popular side dish for various main courses.
In this article I show you an insider tip from the world of star gastronomy.
It also includes information and tips on how to keep the beans green. I have documented the preparation for you step by step with photos.
Have fun reading and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Recipe Butter Beans
Below you will find step-by-step photo instructions and supplementary tips.
Beans with Butter
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Simple instructions for the preparation of butter beans.
|1||tsp||Salt (I use Himalayan salt)|
Wash and dry the beans and cut off the ends.
Prepare the beans for blanching.
Place a pot of water on top and bring to the boil.
Season the water with salt.
Place the beans in the boiling water and blanch until al dente.
Then cool the cooked beans in cold water.
Water with ice cubes is ideal.
Place the beans on a sieve to drain.
Foam the butter in a saucepan.
I always do this with two packets of butter, so I have pure butterfat or ghee or browned nut butter in stock.
Nut butter prepared
Pass the browned butter through a stainless steel hair sieve and make ready.
Heat the prepared, blanched and cooled beans in the nut butter shortly before serving, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange the butter beans and serve quickly.
Enjoy your meal!
The preparation of homemade nut butter should be done every two weeks.
I then fill my homemade, tanned ghee into a screw glass and put the clarified butter in the fridge.
So I always have the delicious fat at hand.
2. Calories and Nutritional Values
3. Tipps for Preparing Butter Beans
- After removing the ends, cook the beans in boiling salted water until al dente and then in ice water.
- The green colour of the bean is retained by the rapid cooling.
- Foam the butter in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Then lightly brown and pass through a fine sieve. You need a stainless steel hair sieve because the butter is very hot.
- The browned butter is also called nut butter and is preferred in star restaurants.
- Nut butter makes a special dish out of your beans!
- Just before serving, swivel the blanched beans in the nut butter and heat them up.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
4. Matching Ideas
You can find my recipe for bacon beans elsewhere.
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!