Snow Peas Recipe
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
You can find my simple snow peas recipe in this post.
As a side vegetable, the pods taste super delicious and are quickly prepared.
Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Recipe Snow Peas
Here are the step-by-step instructions with lots of photos.
You can find the cooking video and other tips after the recipe.
At the end of this page you can use the comment function to leave me a message or cooking question.
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Easy instructions for preparing snow peas.
|black ground pepper|
|brown can sugar|
Wash the mangetout under cold running water and dry.
Cut off the sharp, dried ends of the pods.
Halve the prepared snow peas diagonally lengthways.
Place prepared, chopped snow peas in a large saucepan.
I used a wok pan , which makes it easy to toss the vegetables before serving.
Add the butter to the pods, season gently with salt, pepper, a little sugar and nutmeg.
Cook the snow peas with the lid on for about 3 minutes until al dente.
Season with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
Allow the vegetable juice to evaporate over high heat without a lid.
Taste the pods and increase the cooking time according to personal taste.
Arrange the pods on hot plates.
Decorate the prepared pods with a few chili flakes and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
2. Nutritional Information
3. Snow Peas As A Side Vegetable
The snow peas are a grateful and quick side dish.
The preparation is quicker than with beans vegetables.
Blanching is not necessary, you can steam the pods in a pan with butter.
This saves you time and energy and you still get delicious vegetables.
The snow peas go well with the following dishes:
The pods are not only a nice side dish, you can also use them to prepare a fine vegetarian main course.
You can find ideas for this below…
4. Snow Peas As A Vegetarian Main Course
The fine pods can be wonderfully combined with potatoes and cauliflower.
You cook cauliflower in salted water until soft, you can boil or deep-fry potatoes.
I like the combination of fried potato cubes, mangetout vegetables and cauliflower with buttered crumbs.
This is one of those “sit in dishes”, it tastes good and there are different consistencies in it.
Quick recipe for Potato Cauliflower Snow Peas Vegetables:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Fry the potatoes in a pan or in the fryer until crispy.
- Fry the potato cubes at 165°C for 3 minutes, then remove from the fat.
- Let the diced potatoes cool for a good 5-10 minutes. This allows the strength to come out.
- In the meantime, you can break up the cauliflower into florets.
- Boil and drain the cauliflower.
- Heat a good two tablespoons of breadcrumbs with one tablespoon of butter in a saucepan.
- Lightly brown the crumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the crumbs, keep the cauliflower warm in the oven.
- Prepare snow peas as above in the recipe and arrange on the plate without the juice.
- Finally fry the potato cubes for 2-4 minutes at 170°C.
- Season the crispy potato cubes with salt and marjoram in a bowl and place on the plate.
- Add the cauliflower and pour the hot crumb butter over it.
- Serve quickly and enjoy!
The Agria and Bintje variety is a good idea for fried potatoes and fries!With “noise” in the deep fryer Potato varieties tip from chef Thomas Sixt
5. More Ideas For Side Vegetables
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!