Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe with Salmon Tartare or Avocado Tartare
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Today I show you my Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe.
Especially on hot days this soup is a great appetizer.
It goes well with BBQ and generally as the first course in a summer menu.
I know the this soup” with salmon tartare in the variant presented here from my apprenticeship at Alfons Schuhbeck.
At that time we used a red wine vinegar.
Today I like to use raspberry vinegar or lemon juice.
You can simply recook the soup yourself.
Here are my instructions and all the tips. Wish you good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Recipe for Cold and Chilled Cucumber Soup
The soup is wonderfully piquant and refreshing on the palate.
I wish you good luck and a good appetite!
Cold Cucumber Soup
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Simple guide for cucumber cold dish.
Cucumber soup cold, cucumber soup as cold dish
|2||pc||cucumber (well chilled)|
|1/2||pc||glove of garlic|
|4||pinches||Salt (guide value)|
|4||pinches||white pepper (guide value)|
|5||g||dill (I like to use fresh dill finely chopped)|
Avocado Tatar for Vegan Variation
|10||g||lemon juice (I also like to use lime juice)|
Preheat the oven to 220°C (hot air).
Peel and chop the cucumbers and garlic.
Mix the cucumbers in a tall container with a hand blender.
Add cream, garlic cubes and raspberry vinegar and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Put the cucumber soup in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile cut diamonds from 2 layers of strudel dough.
Grease the baking tray with the oil and place the diamonds on top.
Bake the strudel dough sheets in the oven for 8-10 minutes until crispy brown.
Then place on kitchen paper.
In the meantime, squeeze out the lemon, dice the salmon and mix with the herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Finally add the sunflower oil.
Arrange the salmon tartare in small bowls, alternating carefully between the salmon tartare and a strudel leaf.
Arrange the very cold soup in deep plates and serve with the salmon tartare.
Halve the avocado and remove the core.
Finely dice the avocado and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
If the avocado is very soft, you can prepare an avocado puree:
Finely crush the avocado pulp with a fork and season to taste.
Then arrange the avocado puree between the strudel dough sheets with a dressing bag and serve with the cold, iced cucumber soup.
2. Nutritional Values
3. Preparation Tips for the Chilled Cucumber Soup
First of all here are some tips to make sure that the cold cucumber soup works well in your kitchen….
- Store the cucumbers overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the soup 3 hours before serving.
- Fill the finely mixed soup into a glass or in a water bottle and put it in the fridge.
- Put the soup on ice or put it in the freezer/freezer for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Passing (sieving) the soup is a matter of taste, you can try both.
- Small cut cucumber cubes without seeds you can add as a filling in the cold soup.
- Taste the soup additionally with cayenne pepper.
- You can also prepare the soup with yoghurt, buttermilk, crème fraîche or soy cream.
- You can add fresh or dried dill to the soup.
- Try instead of raspberry vinegar a white wine vinegar or lemon juice.
4. More Ideas for your Kitchen
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!