Spaghetti Prawns Recipe, a fast Dish of fine Cuisine
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Now I would like to present you my Spaghetti Prawns Recipe.
A quick recipe and a feast for all the senses. I love Prawns… Now it has come out 😉
Prawns are easy to prepare, rich in protein and low in calories and have a fine taste.
In the perfect preparation the crustaceans are also optically a feast for the eyes. I am also a fan of fast preparations.
This is especially interesting when the time window in the evening is small and the hunger is big.
That’s why I don’t want to go into too much detail here, but go into the kitchen with you right away and we’ll get to work… Good luck and good appetite!
Table of Contents
1. Recipe Spaghetti Prawns
Now we’re getting started:
Step by step, we’re getting to a fine meal in a short time, which presents itself convincingly beautifully on the plate.
Enjoy the preparation, good luck and a good appetite!
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Simple guide to prepare spaghetti prawns.
|350||g||Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia (or other spaghetti)|
|2||pc||cloves of garlic|
|80||ml||white wine (I use dry white wine)|
|1/2||pc||Lemon (I only use a little juice here to fine-tune the acidity.)|
|1||pinch||Salt (I use Himalayan salt)|
|1||pinch||nutmeg (freshly grated)|
|3||pinches||brown sugar (I use brown raw sugar.)|
Prawns, Courgettes and Decoration
|200||g||shrimps or prawns|
|2||pc||courgettes (I love thin and small zucchini)|
|1/2||bunch||fresh parsley (chopped)|
Past cook prepare
Place a large pot of water on the stove and bring to the boil.
Place the pasta on top.
Salt the water abundantly, pasta water may taste like sea water!
Separate 200 g Prawns from their shells.
Cut the Prawn finely at the top of the Prawns, if the Prawn has not yet been cut.
The intestine is the black thread that is clearly visible.
Remove the Prawn intestines.
Fry the Prawn and Prawns shells in 3 tbsp olive oil in a pan.
Remove the prawns from the pan and place them in the pan.
Peel 2 fresh garlic cloves and dice finely.
Place the garlic in the pan with the Prawns shells and brown a little in olive oil to create light roasted aromas.
This gives the dish the typical taste of alla spaghetti Aglio e Olio.
Add the white wine, vegetable stock, lemon grater and juice to deglaze.
Season the broth with grated nutmeg, cayenne pepper and salt.
Sauce base cooking
Let the Prawns stock simmer for about 15 minutes.
The taste of the roasted Prawn shells is transferred to the stock.
Add a little butter and lemon juice to the stock, season to taste with a little sugar to taste.
Clean 1-2 pieces of small, slender zucchini, halve and cut into oblique slices.
Roast the zucchini slices in a grill pan to create a nice roasting pattern on the vegetables.
Take zucchini out of the pan to set aside the prawns.
Now put the spaghetti into the large pot with the boiling water as a whole.
Cook the pasta al dente with the saucepan open.
Remove the Prawn shells from the pot.
Place the spaghetti, cooked until firm to the bite, poured off and shaken dry, in the mixture of broth, garlic and white wine.
Turn with a spaghetti tong, add freshly cut parsley and toss the noodles properly.
Keep plates or bowls warm for serving.
Now use the heated plates.
Take the spaghetti out of the bath and wind it up with a fork like a ball of wool.
Heat the Prawns briefly.
Drape the zucchini and cover the spaghetti with the fried prawns.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve nimbly.
Enjoy your meal!
Depending on the origin of the spaghetti, they lose some colour when cooked. Add some starch to the cold cooking water, the starch reduces the colouring of the black pasta.
2. Nutritional Information
3. Prepare Spaghetti Prawns Deliciously
For this delicate noodle dish I thought up this combination of ingredients:
- black pasta (Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia)
- white wine
- vegetable broth
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg
Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia can be found in Italian specialist shops or in well-stocked supermarkets.
4. Preparation in the Process Spaghetti Prawns
I have written down a great sequence for you here, so that everything fits together wonderfully in terms of time and taste:
- Fry the Prawns and dried Prawns shells over high heat with a little oil.
- After about 3-4 minutes, remove the Prawns from the pan and place them in an extra pan.
- Add the garlic to the Prawns shells (carcasses) and brown lightly.
- Deglaze with white wine and pour in vegetable stock.
- Simmer the Prawns stock for 15 minutes, season with the spices.
- Remove the Prawns shells.
- Grill zucchini in an extra pan, I like to use the ribbed grill pan for a nice zucchini pattern!
- Add water for boiling and season with salt after boiling.
- Cook the spaghetti in the pot until al dente, drain and drain well.
- Swing the pasta in the prepared broth.
- Heat the Prawns briefly in the pan and add them hot to the pasta on the plate together with the courgettes.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.
- Refined cooking like a professional is not difficult.
- The Prawns shells, also known as carcasses, develop a fine aroma through roasting, which then passes over to the stock when cooked!
If you use the step-by-step instructions below, you’ll loosely get the dish out of your wrist, I promise!
5. Weitere, passende Ideen zum Selberkochen
Dishes with Prawns:
Saffron Risotto with Shrimps or Variations with Fish
Popular Spaghetti Dishes:
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!