5 Barbecue Sauces Recipe
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
My barbecue sauces recipe shows you how to quickly prepare five cold sauces for BBQ.
As a professional chef, I want to make cooking easier for you and enrich the culinary part of the event.
Discover a fine tomato dip, a basil pesto, a mustard sauce, a herb sauce and a tartar sauce.
With a little skill, you can prepare the sauces in less than an hour.
The quantities are for approx. 6 people.
Delight your loved ones and friends at the next barbecue evening with fresh, home-made cold sauces.
Table of Contents
- 1. Recipe 5 Barbecue Sauces
- 2. Calories and Nutritional Values at a Glance
- 3. Tomato Ketchup, a fresh Tomato Dip as a BBQ Sauce
- 4. Prepare the Pesto as a BBQ Sauce
- 5. Honey Mustard Sauce as a Barbecue Sauce
- 6. Herb sauce as a Barbecue Sauce
- 7. Tartar sauce as a barbecue sauce
- 8. More Posts Related to the Topic
1. Recipe 5 Barbecue Sauces
Here you will find the instructions with exact information about the ingredients.
Another contribution to the subject of fondue sauces shows the preparation of eight cold sauces based on mayonnaise.
I wish you the best of luck and look forward to your message via the comment function.
5 Cold Barbecue Sauces
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Total Time 60 Min.
Simple guide to prepare 5 cold barbecue sauces.
Cold tomato dip
|8||Pieces||medium tomato (blanched, just dice the flesh)|
|6||Pinches||black ground pepper|
|2||Pinches||brown can sugar|
Pesto – basil for grilling
|60||g||parmesan (finely grated)|
|1-2||Bunch||fresh basil leaves|
|1/2||Stück||glove of garlic (cut finely)|
Cold base sauce
|2||tbsp||fresh lemon (juice) (or juice of a whole lemon)|
Mustard sauce or mustard dip
|1/2||tsp||fresh dill (Seasoning fresh or dill tips)|
|4||Pieces||cooked egg (Chop the egg yolk and white separately, extra finely)|
|1||Bunch||chives (finely cut into rolls)|
|2-4||tbsp||chopped fresh herbs (finely chopped according to what is available on the market sorrel, spinach leaves, cress, chervil, tarragon, parsley)|
Prepare the cold barbecue sauces one after the other according to the instructions in the article.
The eggs must be hard boiled right at the beginning so that they can cool down.
Alternatively, please buy hard-boiled eggs!
Skin the tomatoes and prepare the tomato concasse .
Put the tomato seeds and the juice without tomato skins in an extra cup, we use these as a supplement for the pesto.
Marinate the tomato pulp with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil.
Fold in freshly chopped or finely plucked basil.
Finely grate the Parmesan cheese and mix in a blender with the basil leaves, salt, pepper, a little garlic and olive oil to form a basil pesto.
You can add the strained juice from preparing the tomatoes to balance the acidity.
Mix the ingredients for the cold base sauce in a bowl and divide evenly into three bowls.
Mix the mustard and honey and add a portion of the base sauce to taste for a strong or light honey mustard sauce.
You could optionally add dill tips (dried or fresh) to this sauce.
Peel and halve hard-boiled and cold eggs.
Finely chop the egg yolk and egg white separately and finish with the chive rolls and base sauce to form a simple tartar sauce.
You can also taste this sauce with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Mix the last bowl of base sauce with the finely chopped herbs and season to taste.
Decoration tips for the 5 barbecue sauces:
Herbs, black and light sesame, whole nuts, olive oil or other oil, goji berries, flaked almonds, edible flowers such as cornflowers, spices such as turmeric and sweet paprika (not with pesto).
Among other things, I like to use colorful sesame seeds from Japanese cuisine.
2. Calories and Nutritional Values at a Glance
3. Tomato Ketchup, a fresh Tomato Dip as a BBQ Sauce
For this tomato dip you need:
- 8 large, fleshy, firm tomatoes
- basil or parsley
- salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil.
- I cook the 4 eggs for the tartar sauce in this step
- First, put a pot of water on the stove.
- Get 4 eggs ready, you need them for the 5th cold sauce.
- As soon as the water boils, put in the eggs and set the egg timer to 12 minutes.
- Then carve the tomatoes and blanch for about 25 seconds next to the eggs in the pot.
- When the skin of the tomatoes starts to fall off, place the tomatoes in cold, preferably ice, water.
- Now peel the tomatoes, quarter them, cut only the tomato flesh into cubes and place in a bowl.
- You can then use the ice water to cool the eggs.
- Put the tomato seeds in an extra cup, we use them for the second dip.
- Marinate the tomato pulp with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil, fold in the freshly chopped herbs.
Here are the pictures of how to prepare the diced tomatoes:
4. Prepare the Pesto as a BBQ Sauce
You need two bunches of basil, 60 g of grated Parmesan and some garlic and 2 tablespoons of roasted pine nuts .
I always keep toasted pine nuts in the kitchen drawer because it’s convenient. Add olive oil, salt and pepper .
Put all the ingredients in a blender beaker and mix with the hand blender. Pour the basil pesto into a bowl.
5. Honey Mustard Sauce as a Barbecue Sauce
In the next step you prepare a cold base sauce, which is used for another 3 cold sauces.
- Put 400 g sour cream with 400 g crème fraîche in a large bowl.
- Add the juice of one lemon.
- Season to taste with 1 teaspoon of salt, 6 pinches of pepper and 2 pinches of cayenne pepper and two pinches of sugar.
- Mix the sauce and pour into three bowls.
- Mix 2 tbsp Dijon mustard and 1 tsp honey in the first bowl, the cold mustard sauce is ready.
Cold base sauce made from sour cream and crème fraîche with Dijon mustard or tarragon mustard and a little honey to taste. This makes cold mustard saucePreparation of sauces Tip from chef Thomas Sixt
6. Herb sauce as a Barbecue Sauce
Mix the second, prepared base sauce with freshly chopped herbs such as parsley, chervil, tarragon, chives, dill, or a herb mixture from the freezer.
The cold herb sauce is ready!
7. Tartar sauce as a barbecue sauce
Peel the hard-boiled eggs, separate the yolks and whites and chop each extra small.
Place the eggs in the third, prepared bowl with the base sauce, finely chop a bunch of chives, add and stir. Tatar sauce ready!
8. More Posts Related to the Topic
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!