Breaded Mushrooms Recipe on a Colorful Leaf Salad
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Today I’ll show you my Breaded Mushrooms Recipe.
The baked mushrooms are a wonderful dish and I serve them with colorful leaf salads and a delicious dip.
The preparation time is about 40 minutes, this mushroom dish is fun and an ideal vegetarian dinner.
You can also serve the crispy mushrooms on lettuce as a starter in a menu and make everyone happy.
I wish you good luck and a good appetite! Write me a comment at the end of the recipe, I’m happy!
Table of Contents
1. Recipe Breaded Mushrooms
Below is the recipe for baked, breaded mushrooms with the exact quantities. Wish you good luck!
Breaded Mushrooms on a Colorful Leaf Salad
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Simple guide for preparing breaded and baked mushrooms.
Ingredients for the Salad
|100||g||Mixed leaf salad (I also like to use young spinach or rocket salad)|
|2||tbsp||tomato cubes or (See the link in the article preparing tomato concassée )|
|2 – 3||pinch||Salt (I use Himalayan salt or primal salt.)|
Ingredients for the Mushrooms for Breading
|5 – 8||pc||mushrooms or oyster mushrooms|
|150||ml||vegetable oil for baking|
Ingredients for the Salad Dressing
|2||tbsp||white wine vinegar|
Ingredients for the Lemon Mayonnaise Dip
|1 – 2||tbs||lemon juice|
Prepare the salad dressing by mixing all the above ingredients in order.
Add the oil slowly at the end, stirring vigorously with a whisk.
Nimbly stir together the ingredients for the dip in a bowl and have them ready.
You can mix mayonnaise pure with lemon juice for a strong cold sauce.
Prepare leaf salad
Clean the lettuces, wash twice in cold water.
Spin the lettuce dry in a salad spinner and make ready.
Prepare tomato cubes
Prepare the tomato cubes, see the link to preparing the tomato cubes in the article (tomato concassée) or halve the tomatoes accordingly, cut out the green, season with salt and pepper.
Cut the radishes into quarters and salt lightly. Prepare the cress.
Clean the mushrooms with a knife.
Place small mushrooms directly on top, cut large mushrooms into 5 mm thick slices.
Preheat the oven to 160°C hot air.
Prepare the flour in a bowl.
Beat the eggs in a bowl, season to taste with salt, pepper and thyme and whisk with a fork.
Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl.
Bread the mushrooms:
–> First turn them in flour,
–> Then pull them through the eggs,
–> Place them in the breadcrumbs and press gently.
Place the fried mushrooms on a plate sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
Deep-fry the breaded mushrooms in hot oil at 160-170 °C until floating.
Place golden brown fried mushrooms on the baking sheet and season with salt.
Keep the mushrooms warm in the oven.
Using a pastry brush, spread lemon mayonnaise dip on a large plate.
Place marinated lettuce on top.
Place the baked mushrooms in the dip.
Garnish with radish strips and diced tomatoes.
Sprinkle with black pepper before serving.
Marinate the lettuce and arrange in the center of a plate.
Decorate with radish strips and diced tomatoes.
Place the baked mushrooms on top of the salad.
Serve the cold sauce in an extra bowl.
I wish you a good appetite!
2. Calories and Nutritional Values
3. Shopping List Breaded Mushrooms
For the dish you need the following ingredients…
- colorful leaf salads
- small tomatoes, radishes and cress as salad ingredients
- olive oil and sunflower oil
- white wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- créme fraiche
- lemon juice
- salt, pepper, sugar
You can find the exact amounts of ingredients in recipe.
4. Tips for Breaded Mushrooms Preparation
Preparing breaded mushrooms is easy, but here are a few ideas to make it easier for you…
- First take care of the salad and the side dishes. Wash and dry the salad.
- Wash and dry the salad ingredients and cut them as desired.
- Prepare a tomato concassée if you serve this dish as a starter.
- It is best to clean the mushrooms with a knife and not wash them.
- Mix the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Prepare the dip with the baked mushrooms.
- Build up the breading line: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs.
- Cut small mushrooms whole, large mushrooms into slices and then bread them.
- Fry the breaded mushrooms in plenty of oil and place the baked mushrooms in the oven at 140°C hot air.
- Then marinate the salad and arrange the dip, add the mushrooms and enjoy a great dish.
The following three points are important:
- Always marinate the salad dry, otherwise the dressing will not stick to the salad.
- When dressing salads, follow the order: Mix vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, mustard, then the oil.
- When breading, follow the order: Add the ingredient first to the flour, then through the egg, then bread it with breadcrumbs by gently pressing.
5. Tip for Breading Without Egg
You can also bread the mushrooms without egg, it works like this:
- Mix the flour with some water…
- Dip the mushrooms…
- Then bread it with breadcrumbs.
I always bake the breaded mushrooms in neutral sunflower oil. I have had the best experience with this.
You can also fry the breaded mushrooms. A temperature of 175°C has proved itself!
Information on a gluten-free diet:
–> Bread the mushrooms with gluten-free flour and gluten-free breadcrumbs
–> Bread the mushrooms only with starch, egg and chickpea flour
6. More Vegetarian Recipes Ideas
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!