Potato Salad with Yogurt, Recipe for Diet Potato Salad that tastes delicious
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Table of Contents
- 1. Which Potatoes To Use For Potato Salad?
- 2. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Iceberg Salad, ideal for Diets
- 3. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Mayonnaise
- 4. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Onions
- 5. Potato Salad with Yogurt, Cucumber or Iceberg Salad
- 6. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Herbs
- 7. More Recipes for Potato Salad
- 8. Yogurt Potato Salad Recipe
- 9. Tips For Yogurt Potato Salad
- 10. Calories (kcal) Potato salad with Yogurt, the Nutritional Values
1. Which Potatoes To Use For Potato Salad?For all potato salads you use the following, correct potato varieties: These are shape-retaining, waxy (also called “fat cooking”) or predominantly waxy potato varieties such as: Agria, Bamberger Croissants, Hansa, Linda, Marabel, Sieglinde, Ditta, Cilena, Nicola, Selma.
2. Potato Salad with Yogurt and Iceberg Salad, ideal for DietsMy recipe is a very simple one. The yogurt dressing for potato salad consists only of yogurt, a little mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. As a professional chef I like to recommend the addition of a little cayenne pepper. This gives a balanced spiciness and balances the black pepper. The result is a sensational harmonious and pleasant spiciness. Because the potato salad with yogurt is always quite pale, I mix iceberg lettuce with it, recently I decorate this wonderful salad also with goji berries. So a diet potato salad can be fun!
3. Potato Salad with Yogurt and MayonnaiseIt remains a matter of taste whether you refine your potato salad with yogurt and additionally with mayonnaise. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise to my recipe below. The potato salad then becomes “thicker” in volume and has a stronger mouthfeel. The more mayonnaise you add, the more the potato salad with yogurt loses its lightness. My contribution mayonnaise selfmade shows the preparation of this tasty cream in detail.
4. Potato Salad with Yogurt and OnionsThis information about onions in potato salad can be found with every recipe (for potato salad) in my Kochblog: Onions like to ferment in potato salad, so that you prevent that there are three variants for onions in potato salad:
- Just before serving, cut the onions fresh and mix them with the potato salad. Eat everything promptly – the shelf life of the potato salad is limited (even if stored in a cool place).
- Blanch the onion cubes briefly, then mix into the salad, cooled down – keep cool for approx. one day.
- Marinate the onion cubes in some vinegar and sugar for approx. 10 minutes and then mix in without the marinade – keep cool for approx. one day.
5. Potato Salad with Yogurt, Cucumber or Iceberg SaladIn addition to pickled gherkins, pickled gherkins or gherkins, you can also add finely sliced gherkin slices to the potato salad. Plane the cucumber, then salt it and let it stand for ten minutes. The cucumber slices draw some water during this time, please do not pour this into the potato salad, because it will water down. I prepared my potato salad with iceberg lettuce, I like that because the lettuce stays crisp and gives a great mouthfeel. Other types of lettuce can also be used. Suitable are lamb’s lettuce, radicchio (colour!) and oak leaf lettuce. Wash the salad – please not: wash lamb’s lettuce is different. Die vorbereiteten Blattsalate trocken geschleudert bzw. gelegt kurz vor dem Servieren unter den Kartoffelsalat mischen.
6. Potato Salad with Yogurt and HerbsI do not add herbs to potato salad with yogurt and iceberg lettuce. If you leave the iceberg lettuce out, the following herbs fit: – Freshly sliced chives (be careful, the shelf life is the same as for onions) – Finely chopped parsley – Freshly plucked thyme – Watercress (beware sharp!) and gardencress
7. More Recipes for Potato Saladpotato salad with mustard, Bavarian potato salad from Munich, Swabian potato salad, easy potato salad, classic potato salad, potato salad with bacon, potato salad with mayonnaise, Potato Salad with Lamb’s Lettuce and Porcini Mushrooms in Strudel Dough, Viennese Potato Salad.
8. Yogurt Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Salad with Yogurt
Refreshing potato salad with yogurt and iceberg lettuce presented by Thomas Sixt.
|1||tsp||medium hot mustard (Austria: tarragon mustard (or Dijon mustard, sweet mustard)|
|1/2||tsp||brown cane sugar|
Cook the potatoes with peel in salted water until soft, drain and peel. Note the tip below!
Leave the potatoes to cool briefly, then cut into slices and place in a bowl.
Add yogurt, salt, pepper, mustard and lemon juice and marinate the potato salad.
Add some sugar to taste.
Let the salad steep for at least 10 minutes, add salt and pepper again, season with mustard if necessary.
Add the washed and finely sliced iceberg lettuce and serve quickly.
9. Tips For Yogurt Potato Salad
I usually cut the raw, peeled potatoes into slices before cooking. This way I can halve the cooking time and it goes much faster. I save time and energy and don’t have to peel the potatoes hot.
10. Calories (kcal) Potato salad with Yogurt, the Nutritional Values
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!