Roast Pork Recipe
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Here comes my roast pork recipe.
The roast is popular throughout Germany and this post summarizes the topic regionally.
Here you get a good overview and certainly some ideas if you want to prepare the holiday roast yourself.
Delight your loved ones with a great dish from your own kitchen.
Table of Contents
- 1. Recipe Roast Pork
- 2. Calories and Nutritional Values
- 3. Regional Differences in Roast Pork Preparation
- 4. Basic Knowledge of Preparing Roast Pork
- 5. Prepare Pork Knuckle as Roast Pork
- 6. Prepare Original Bavarian Roast Pork
- 7. Preparing Crispy Roast with Crust is sure to be successful
- 8. No time? This is How Roast Pork goes Faster
- 9. Variant Prepare Roast Pork in a Pot
- 10. Popular Side Dishes for Roast Pork
- 11. Appropriate and further Ideas
1. Recipe Roast Pork
Good luck with this tastefully very powerful variant with red wine sauce and plums.
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Total Time 120 Min.
Simple guide to prepare roast from pork.
|black ground pepper|
|some||paprika nobel sweet|
|4||Piece||glove of garlic|
|500||ml||Rioja (or other dry red wine)|
|100||g||dried plums without stone|
Preheat the oven to 200°C hot air.
Cut the skin side of the pork belly and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
Place the meat in a roasting pan, skin side up.
Peel the garlic and add a few cloves to the meat.
Wash the vegetables, peel them and cut them into nice pieces and place them in the roaster with the meat.
Wash the potatoes, peel, cut into quarters and place with the vegetables.
Put the roast in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C.
After the time has elapsed, pour the veal stock and red wine over the roast and cook for another 50 minutes.
You can add a little more water if needed.
Prepare red cabbage and mashed potatoes or potato dumplings as side dishes.
When the cooking time is up, pour the sauce into a saucepan, bring to the boil and mix in the cold butter.
Mix the cornstarch in a little cold water and slowly pour into the boiling sauce.
Wait for the desired binding and add more starch water if necessary.
Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Place the dried plums (prunes) in the sauce.
If required (it should be nice and crispy), briefly fry the roast under the preheated grill until crispy, seasoning with salt beforehand.
Cut the meat open and arrange on preheated plates with the side dishes and sauce. Serve quickly.
You can season the sauce with a little butter, hot mustard and a little honey, which gives an additional flavor kick!
The video shows the preparation of Bavarian roast pork. Supplement with prunes, red wine and veal gravy as directed in the recipe above.
2. Calories and Nutritional Values
Attention, these are the nutritional values without side dishes!
3. Regional Differences in Roast Pork Preparation
From Munich to Hamburg, the popular roast is served in different ways depending on the region.
In Bavaria there is always a beer in the sauce, in the north chefs also use white or red wine for the roast.
After all, everything that tastes good is allowed in the culinary world.
4. Basic Knowledge of Preparing Roast Pork
You prepare the simple roast in the oven. Here is my quick guide:
- I recommend pork neck, pork neck or pork belly.
- Rinse the meat and pat dry.
- In the case of the pork belly, please cut the rind slightly to create a nice crispy texture.
- Season the meat well with salt, pepper and paprika and place in the preheated oven.
- You can use a high baking tray or a roast pan.
- The temperature range of 180°C has proven itself. Depending on the size of the roast, the cooking time is 90-120 minutes at the hot air setting (modern) and the top and bottom heat setting (classic).
- Add root vegetables such as carrots, parsley root, celery, onions and garlic and leave the roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Next, deglaze the roast, a decision must be made here: gravy or broth, plus white wine, red wine or beer.
Here in the article, below I present you a recipe with red wine sauce, the sauce becomes very strong and strong in taste due to the wine.
This is more the North German version of the Schweinsbraterl. Until then, let me show you more ideas and regional differences…
5. Prepare Pork Knuckle as Roast Pork
The pork knuckle is a great dish and such a roasted knuckle looks and tastes great.
In another kitchen story you will find out everything you need to know about roasting and cooking pork knuckle.
In addition to a recipe for cooked knuckle of pork with sauerkraut, I will show you the knuckle prepared Bavarian style, plus tips from the star kitchen and shopping tips as well as a calculation of the amount per person.
After all, the pork knuckle is an ideal family meal and should end up delicious on your table.
6. Prepare Original Bavarian Roast Pork
The Bavarian roast pork is of course my favorite, I have a great recipe from my grandfather, Grandpa Loibl, here on the site including a cooking video.
The roast from Bavaria is prepared with beer and is extremely popular.
The recipe has become quite long, the most important side dishes for the Bavarian variant are described in detail.
7. Preparing Crispy Roast with Crust is sure to be successful
You can also look directly at the crust roast.
I prepared this with plenty of herbs. This roast conjures up an incredible aroma in your kitchen.
In these instructions, I’ll show you how to get the herbs in the roast. We’ll also cook the sauce with white wine, which is exciting and a great change.
8. No time? This is How Roast Pork goes Faster
Cooking a roast in less than 40 minutes is a challenge.
With this recipe you can do it and serve your guests and loved ones a pink roast with pork fillet.
This variant is very popular with the ladies, as long as they eat meat.
9. Variant Prepare Roast Pork in a Pot
An equally nimble method of preparation succeeds directly in the pot.
So that it goes quickly, I fry the meat slices briefly and vigorously in the pot before stewing.
For this type of preparation, it is best to use slices of pork neck, neck steaks or slices of fillet.
This recipe has been tried and tested by star chefs, sometimes more guests come and the chef has to conjure up a few portions quickly.
10. Popular Side Dishes for Roast Pork
11. Appropriate and further Ideas
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!