Avocado Chocolate Mousse – Vegan Mousse au Chocolat for Gourmets Recipe
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
WOW, I prepared the avocado chocolate mousse recipe just a few days ago and I absolutely love it.
Who would not have thought that a mousse au chocolat could taste so delicious without cream?
The vegan dessert is ideal if you conjure up a #animal menu for guests.
Chocolate at the end is always good and makes everyone happy.
From a sporting point of view, the mousse is ready in about 25 minutes, if you take your time, you can do it in under 35 minutes.
Please try and enjoy!
Table of Contents
- 1. Recipe Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2. Calories and Nutritional Values
- 3. Ingredients for Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 4. Prepare the Avocado Chocolate Mousse Step by Step
- 5. Prepare the Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Bananas
- 6. Mix the Chocolate and Fruit, Please Pay Attention To the Temperature!
- 7. Decorate the Avocado Chocolate Mousse and Serve
- 8. Other Preparations for Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Cream
- 9. Even More Baking Ideas
1. Recipe Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Here are the exact instructions for this delicious chocolate dessert without animals, I think you will like it!
Note the tips after the recipe and feel free to leave me a comment!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Whipped chocolate cream based on avocado and banana. Delicious, light and creamy animal-free dessert by chef Thomas Sixt.
Total Time 25 Min.
Simple guide to prepare chocolate mousse with avocado.
|1||Packet||dark chocolate (usually 150 g)|
|4||Piece||Avocados (Sort Hass or other soft, ripe avocados – chilled!)|
|1-2||tbsp||Cocoa (More cocoa, more powerful in taste!)|
|1||tbsp||Pistachios chopped (or almond slivers, flaked almonds, etc.)|
Cut the chocolate into small pieces and prepare a saucepan with a water bath and bowl.
Slowly melt the chopped chocolate over a moderate heat and set aside to stir.
The chocolate should be lip-warm.
Mash the bananas with a fork and place in a mixing bowl.
Halve the avocado and add the flesh to the banana.
Add lemon juice and vanilla sugar.
Mix quickly with a mixer, add melted chocolate and prepare a creamy chocolate mousse.
Pour the chocolate mousse into glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Decorate and serve the chocolate mousse according to your wishes and tips in the article.
2. Calories and Nutritional Values
3. Ingredients for Avocado Chocolate Mousse
You only need a few ingredients for this dessert, everything you need is available in the supermarket. The shopping list (or in the shopping app) says:
- A pack of dark couverture
- A packet of cocoa powder
- A lemon or a small bottle of lemon juice
- A packet of vanilla sugar
- Four ripe avocados ,
- Four bananas
- For decoration fruits like strawberries, pomegranate and oranges as well as fresh mint
Important: Put the bananas and avocados in the fridge immediately after shopping.
This is how your mousse can be prepared optimally and successfully!
4. Prepare the Avocado Chocolate Mousse Step by Step
- First, cut “the Chocolate :-)” into small pieces with a sharp knife and place the chocolate in a saucepan or coated pan.
- Chopped chocolate melts faster and more evenly than chocolate in one piece.
- Place the chopped chocolate in the saucepan or pan and melt over low heat.
- Please stir the chocolate from time to time so that it can melt evenly.
- The chocolate shouldn’t get too hot, it doesn’t need a lot of heat for that.
- The stove level 2-3 of 9 is optimal for a normal electric hob, it is similar for induction.
- Next, set out the melted chocolate next to the stove.
Vegan chocolate mousse without silk tufo – tastes great!Ingredients tip from chef Thomas Sixt
5. Prepare the Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Bananas
Peel the cold bananas and mash them finely with a fork, then place them in a mixing bowl. Next, process the avodacos:
I use the Hass variety because they are always ripe. Halve the avocados with a knife, take out the stone and place the flesh with the finely pressed banana.
The skins of the halved avocados can be easily scraped out with a spoon.
Next, pour lemon juice over the fruit and sprinkle over the vanilla sugar.
6. Mix the Chocolate and Fruit, Please Pay Attention To the Temperature!
Beat the prepared fruit quickly with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
Then pour in the melted chocolate and cocoa and continue stirring to prepare a creamy mousse.
Then quickly pour into glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Note: Cold fruit and lip-warm chocolate can be mixed well, if the chocolate is too hot the consistency will suffer!Chocolate mousse preparation tip from chef Thomas Sixt
7. Decorate the Avocado Chocolate Mousse and Serve
While the mousse stays in the fridge and hardens, there is time to dedicate yourself to the decoration and accessories to the mousse.
Some ideas and tips for decoration:
- Strawberries: Place some halved strawberries on top of the set chocolate mousse.
- Mint: Insert sprigs of mint into the mousse and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Nuts: Pistachio slivers or manel slivers or roasted flaked almonds
- Pomegranate seeds: Halve a pomegranate with a knife and in a bowl of cold water (immerse the pomegranate under water), peel the pomegranate seeds . This happens quickly, the white fibers float to the surface and the pips sink to the bottom.
- Orange fillets: I like to add orange fillets to my desserts, the acidity is pleasant and refreshing. At the same time, orange fillets look wonderful. I served the orange fillets as an accompaniment to dessert. I will show you how to prepare the orange fillets in the cooking school filleting oranges .
8. Other Preparations for Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Cream
9. Even More Baking Ideas
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!