Schnitzel Parisian Style Recipe
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer, cookbook author and blogger.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
My Schnitzel Parisian Style Recipe I show you in this post.
The Schnitzel in egg coat is a classic dish of French cuisine.
It was first presented in Paris at the Exposition Universelle 1889.
I recommend veal schnitzel and as a side dish, parsley potatoes or potato salad.
I wish you good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Recipe Schnitzel Parisian Style
Here are the instructions with photos and exact quantities of the ingredients.
Wish you good luck!
Schnitzel Parisian Style
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Simple tutorial for the preparation of the classic cutlet in egg coat.
|1||tbs||Cranberries (I like to serve cranberry jam!)|
|1/4||bunch||Parsley (I also like to use chervil!)|
|2||pc||veal escalope (cut approx. 5 mm thick)|
|100||g||flour (sieved, Typ 405)|
|2-3||pc||eggs (depending on size)|
|2||pinches||Paprika noble sweet (please add to egg, stir)|
|2||tbs||Cream (please add to egg, stir)|
|250-300||ml||sun flower oil (depending on the size of the pan)|
Think of a side dish, I recommend parsley potatoes.
Peel the potatoes, boil in salted water, drain and finish in a pan with butter and parsley.
You can season parsley potatoes with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper!
More ideas for side dishes can be found under point 2 and references to other side dishes under point 5.
Cut the lemon into eighths and remove the seeds.
Take the cranberries out of the fridge and prepare them for serving.
Make some parsley ready for decoration.
Wash the veal escalopes prepared and cut by the butcher, dry them with kitchen paper and place them on cling film ready for beating.
Cover the schnitzel with cling film and beat, then season all sides with salt and pepper.
Schnitzel in flour
Turn the escalopes in flour and flour evenly.
Heat a large pan and let the oil run in.
Pull the flour-covered cutlets through the egg.
All the meat must be covered with egg on both sides.
Place the meat in the pan and fry on both sides.
Arrange the side dish on warm plates.
Drain the oil from the pan. Add butter to the pan and froth, season with salt.
Swing the baked escalopes in the butter.
Arrange the side dish on warm plates.
Arrange the schnitzels, decorate with parsley and serve with cranberries.
My example picture shows a variation of different breadings, take the suggestions as inspiration!
2. Nutritional Information
3. How to bread without Breadcrumbs
- Let the butcher cut you veal schnitzel in a thickness of approx. 5 mm.
- Remember the side dishes, peel potatoes and cook in salted water.
- At home in the kitchen wash the schnitzel under cold water and dry.
- Put the schnitzel between cling film and gently knock.
- I prefer to prepare a plate iron or a saucepan side dish ready, drain potatoes and with parsley and butter in a pan, season.
- Season the meat slices on all sides with salt and pepper,
- Prepare one bowl each with flour and eggs,
- turn the meat into flour,
- heat the pan to a medium heat for frying and add sunflower oil to the pan.
- Fry the escalope in the egg coating on both sides until light brown.
- Remove the fried escalope from the pan,
- drain the oil,
- froth up the butter in the pan,
- toss the escalope in the pan and
- arrange on warm plates.
Use a wheat flour type 405 or a special flour like the Wiener Grießler.
You can also use a gluten-free flour mixture or potato flour.
Beat the eggs in a bowl with a whisk.
The more air you add to the eggs, the more fluffy the egg coating becomes.
You can season three eggs with 1 tablespoon cream, 4 pinches salt and 3 pinches pepper.
I’ve already tried a variant with fresh thyme, which tastes delicious.
The addition of white truffle oil is also great, the Parisian schnitzel with truffle egg panade tastes fantastic!
4. Side Dishes Ideas for Schnitzel Parisian Style
To this escalope fit …
- potato salad
- parsley potatoes
- fried potatoes
- backed potatoes
- french fries
- butterhead lettuce
- tomato salad
- bean salad from green beans
- cucumber salad
5. Even More Matching Recipes Ideas
Matching potato salad recipes as an alternative side dish:
More Schnitzel Ideas:
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!